Here are 5 tips that the experts from Gargash Auto have written which will help you keep you car cool during the hot summer.
Happy Valentine’s Day! It’s time to pamper your loved ones with attention and affection.
At Gargash Auto we love cars! Which is why today we thought we would share some tips on how you can show your car some love.
- Car Detailing – Give your car a thorough clean
Auto detailing keeps your vehicle clean and in the best possible condition.
Detailing includes an exterior wash and wax, interior vacuuming, window cleaning and surface polishing.
However, it’s more than just cleaning your car. Detailing helps your automobile extend its life by minimizing damage from environmental factors.
Exterior detailing – Cleans the car and restores it’s surface to its original showroom glory or it can even exceed the car’s original condition
Interior detailing – Deep cleaning of the car’s interior, includes vacuuming and stain removal.
- Oil Change and Car Servicing
Regular car servicing is vital to maintaining a well-loved engine.
Oil is important to the health and function of the car, what blood is for your body engine oil is to a car. It’s recommended to get your car serviced every 6 months or 10,000 Kms whichever comes first.
Oil provides protection against wear and tear, maintains viscosity over varying temperatures, prevents acid build up, and cleans and protects turbos and modern engine components.
- Wheel Rotations
You should change the position of each of the tires on your car when you get your regular car service done (every 10,000 Kms). This also gives you a chance to have them rebalanced if you’re noticing any vibration in your car.
- Dent removal
Got a small dent from trying to squeeze into a parking spot that was too tight for you? Well now is the perfect time to get that removed. Gargash Auto is offering 25% OFF on any car service of your choice.
We want to make this day special for you, Gargash Auto would like to give you a 25% discount on any service you choose to do with us.
What’s even better is that this discount is valid for the entire week, so if you were busy on Valentine’s day and missed out on our offer, you can still avail your discount.
Book your appointment now!
It’s that time of the year which we’ve all been waiting for so long. Long trips to Jebel al Jais, Wadi Al Shish or Khor Fakkan have become a tradition for UAE residents.
Setting up camp, getting all the barbecue meat marinated, preparing the coal and flames, and toasting marshmallows to create the perfect s’mores is all that’s needed to ensure your barbecue is perfect.
But what if you’re on your way to Khor Fakkan on a Thursday night and your car stops.
How unfortunate! Not only for you but even for your friends and family who were expecting to binge on those freshly grilled s’mores.
Well, to avoid such mishappenings, here are some simple tips you can follow that are advised by the car specialists at Gargash Auto:
- Ensure to get your battery checked regularly: Having your car battery tested allows you to determine whether or not your car battery is approaching its end and if it has to be replaced or not.
- Always carry a pair of jumper cables in your car: You never know when your car batteries might give up on you, might as well carry a pair of jumper cables so that you can continue with that adventure of yours. Click here to know more about using jumper cables.
- Always keep a check on your coolant: It is possible that your car’s engine may touch very high temperatures, so it is imperative you keep a coolant to prevent any damages to your car’s engine. Read this article by Age Co to know how you can check your car’s coolant level.
- Check the tire pressure and its condition prior to the trip: Cars that drive on improperly inflated tires can jeopardize a trip due to an imbalance in handling and it also lowers its fuel economy (Source: Bridgestone). If you’re planning a desert trip, remember to decrease your tire’s pressure as tires with lower air pressure have an easier time getting through desert sand.
- Ensure the brakes, and the level of brake-fluid are intact: Brake fluids degrade over time, hence they need to be monitored especially before leaving for that road trip to ensure your family’s, and your safety. S & S Tires suggest that you have them replaced by authorized auto-body workshops.
- Make a habit of keeping a tow rope in your car: You never when your car might get stuck in the desert, so a tow rope becomes a lifesaver if you run into a kind soul who is willing to help you out! Click here to read more on how to use a tow rope.
Make sure that you consider the above tips before setting out on your adventure this winter!
Listening to your car is one of the most effective ways to diagnose an issue before it becomes an expensive problem. This blog will list out some common sounds to watch out for in your car that could be hinting at a deeper issue.
Is your engine suddenly much louder? Or perhaps you hear knocking noises in your car? Most people don’t even recognize these signs. Observe these sounds, if you notice them growing more and more frequent over a period of a few days, it’s time to take action. Be sure to visit a specialist car workshop like Gargash Auto for further diagnosis.
Trust me, ignoring these early symptoms won’t make the sound magically go away. In fact delaying getting your car checked out can actually cause the issue to worsen, resulting in a more expensive repair job.
Some of the more common sounds that you can watch out for along with what the underlying cause may be are –
When your car’s brake pads wear down, they are designed to make a high-pitched squealing noise. This sound is an indication that your brake pads need to be changed right away. Worn-down brake pads are the most common cause for squeaking. It’s recommended to get your brake pads replaced every 80,000 Kms or so.
Another less common cause of squealing break is rotor rust. Over a period of time, the brake rotors of your car can get rusty, especially in a warm and humid environment like Dubai. So you might hear the noise as a result of this rust build up. This prevents your breaks from working properly too so the sound is not the only thing you need to worry about.
What you can do: When your Brake pad indicators produce a sharp squeal it’s important to listen to it’s warning and visit a car workshop to maintain their health.
Grinding or grating
If you start to hear grinding or grating noises as your car shifts into a near gear, this is a symptom of a serious transmission problem. The simplest possible issue is most likely low transmission fluid levels in your car. However, if this is left untreated it could eventually result in the need for a major transmission repair.
Are you hearing strange knocking noises from the bottom of your car? Don’t worry your car is not haunted, chances are your constant velocity (CV) joint is acting up.
If this knocking sound is heard when you turn your car, the constant velocity (CV) joints on your front axle could need replacing. Not to worry the experienced and brand certified technicians at Gargash Auto will be more than happy to fix the issue for you.
An exhaust leak is one of the most common causes for an unusually loud car engine. The exhaust system of your vehicle carries hot fumes out of the engine away from where you’re seated and then releases it out of the rear of the car. This is not the only function of your exhaust, it always reduces engine noise. If there is a hole or a crack in the exhaust pipe it’ll result in vibrations felt throughout the car and/or a loud engine.
If you are facing any of these problems, stop by at Gargash Auto, we’ve two branches – in Al Qouz and Al Qusais. Your car is in safe hands with our brand certified technicians and mechanics, that specialize in caring for all European cars, and more specifically German cars.