It’s that time of the year which we’ve all been waiting for so long. Long trips to Jebel al Jais, Wadi Al Shish or Khor Fakkan have become a tradition for UAE residents.
Setting up camp, getting all the barbecue meat marinated, preparing the coal and flames, and toasting marshmallows to create the perfect s’mores is all that’s needed to ensure your barbecue is perfect.
But what if you’re on your way to Khor Fakkan on a Thursday night and your car stops.
How unfortunate! Not only for you but even for your friends and family who were expecting to binge on those freshly grilled s’mores.
Well, to avoid such mishappenings, here are some simple tips you can follow that are advised by the car specialists at Gargash Auto:
- Ensure to get your battery checked regularly: Having your car battery tested allows you to determine whether or not your car battery is approaching its end and if it has to be replaced or not.
- Always carry a pair of jumper cables in your car: You never know when your car batteries might give up on you, might as well carry a pair of jumper cables so that you can continue with that adventure of yours. Click here to know more about using jumper cables.
- Always keep a check on your coolant: It is possible that your car’s engine may touch very high temperatures, so it is imperative you keep a coolant to prevent any damages to your car’s engine. Read this article by Age Co to know how you can check your car’s coolant level.
- Check the tire pressure and its condition prior to the trip: Cars that drive on improperly inflated tires can jeopardize a trip due to an imbalance in handling and it also lowers its fuel economy (Source: Bridgestone). If you’re planning a desert trip, remember to decrease your tire’s pressure as tires with lower air pressure have an easier time getting through desert sand.
- Ensure the brakes, and the level of brake-fluid are intact: Brake fluids degrade over time, hence they need to be monitored especially before leaving for that road trip to ensure your family’s, and your safety. S & S Tires suggest that you have them replaced by authorized auto-body workshops.
- Make a habit of keeping a tow rope in your car: You never when your car might get stuck in the desert, so a tow rope becomes a lifesaver if you run into a kind soul who is willing to help you out! Click here to read more on how to use a tow rope.
Make sure that you consider the above tips before setting out on your adventure this winter!
To know more about what you can do to maintain your car or have your car checked by car experts, feel free to visit Gargash Auto or book a consultation session for your car by clicking here.