Summer is coming up sooner than expected this year. When most people think summer, they think of beach vibes, watermelons and summer dresses but for those of us who drive a lot, well, we know what that means for your cars and yourselves considering the unbearable heat in the UAE.
But don’t worry, we’ve got you covered with our tips on how to prepare your car for the summer.
1) Getting your Car Waxed – Car paint can look faded and damaged because of the UV rays of the sun. Getting your car waxed will help prevent this as it forms a protective layer that helps prevent the harmful UV rays from reaching your car’s paint.
Remember, painting your car is not cheap, so it’s recommended to get your car waxed instead as a preventive measure.
2) Check your air conditioning system – Imagine driving in the UAE’s summer heat without a fully functioning air conditioning system, what a nightmare! This is why it is important to have your car’s air-conditioning system checked to avoid breakdowns, especially during the UAE summer.
Quick tip, do not forget to change your air filter! It extends the life of your air conditioner and maintains its efficiency.
3) Check your battery – Your car’s battery life and functioning are affected mostly during the summer season, therefore, it’s always better to have it checked by a certified mechanic such as the ones at Gargash Auto to mitigate unforeseen circumstances.
4) Check the tires – Summer also affects the tire pressure. With increased road temperatures, the probability of tires blowing up remains high. To avoid this, make sure to have your tires checked before.
5) General check-ups and maintenance – It is recommended to get your vehicle checked by a mechanic to avoid potential engine breakdowns or related problems. We all know how terrible the experience of having a car breakdown in the summer can be, and you can avoid it by having your car checked at any reliable car workshop such as Gargash Auto.
Check out our other blogs on tips to look after your car!
You can even book an appointment with one of our automotive specialists to get your car checked by clicking here.